This super easy and very delicious vegetable side dish is a must for the Easter dinner table as well as any other festive spring gathering.
- 1 ½ pounds thick asparagus spears
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Coastal Goods Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning Blend and Fleur de sel, to taste
- 1 ½ ounces thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus spears. Peel 1 ½-to-2-inches of the lower stalks. Place the asparagus in a large, shallow dish, and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Roman Holiday seasoning. Gently roll and tumble the spears so that they are evenly coated with the marinade. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for grilling over medium-high heat. When ready to grill, place the spears diagonally across the grates in order to prevent them from falling through the grates. Grill, gently turning the spears 2 or 3 times, until they are tender and charred in random spots, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Arrange the grilled asparagus spears on a platter and sprinkle with fleur de sel to taste. Scatter the shaved Parmesan evenly over the spears and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Written by Sarah Leah Chase
Sarah develops recipes and concepts for her husband Nigel’s specialty food company, Coastal Goods. She lives with her family on Cape Cod, where she enjoys oystering and gardening as much as cooking.