When it comes to planning an elegant Christmas dinner, we believe a Prime
Rib Roast to be the roast with the most and this is our great new go-to recipe.
Accompany this majestic roast with popovers or Yorkshire pudding and serve with
your favorite beef sauce – Béarnaise, Creamy Horseradish, or a Red Wine
1 Prime Rib Roast, about 6 pounds, bones removed and then tied back onto the
8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons imported French Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon Le Burger Américan Seasoning
1. Remove the prime rib roast from the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours prior to
cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 450 F.
3. While the oven is warming, blend the softened butter evenly together with
the Dijon mustard and Le Burger Américan Seasoning. Pat the prime rib
roast dry with paper towels and smear the roast all over with the seasoned
4. Place the prime rib in a roasting pan, bone side facing down. Roast in the
center of the oven until the exterior of the roast is beautifully seared, about
5. Immediately reduce the oven temperature to 325 F. and continue roasting
until the meat registers between 125 and 130 F. for medium-rare meat, or
135 to 140 F. for medium meat. Remove the roast from the oven, tent
loosely with foil and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Serves 6 to 8
Written by Sarah Leah Chase
Sarah develops recipes and concepts for her husband Nigel’s specialty food company, Coastal Goods. She lives with her family on Cape Cod, where she enjoys oystering and gardening as much as cooking.