We love roasting vegetables throughout the fall and winter months and this simple green combination of broccolini with baby green beans is one of our all-time favorites. Our Coastal Goods Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend, adds the perfect complementary flavor pizazz to the roasted vegetables.
- 2 bunches broccolini, thicker lower stems trimmed (about the bottom 2 inches)
- 1 pound slender baby green beans, often sold as haricots verts, stem ends trimmed and tails left in tact
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coastal Goods Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the broccolini and green beans together in a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly with the olive oil, Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables out on a large rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan. Roast, stirring 2 or 3 times, until the vegetables are tender and blistered brown in random spots, about 20 to 22 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Serves 6 to 8
Written by Sarah Leah Chase
Sarah develops recipes and concepts for her husband Nigel’s specialty food company, Coastal Goods. She lives with her family on Cape Cod, where she enjoys oystering and gardening as much as cooking.