For the most delicious grilled salmon you've ever tasted.
- 1 ½ lb. skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 Tbs. white or rice wine vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbs. olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbs. Gone Fishing seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Place a 1 ½ lb. skin-on salmon fillet in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together 2 Tbs. white or rice wine vinegar and 2 ½ Tbs. olive oil; pour over the salmon.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ Tbs. Gone Fishing seasoning evenly over the fish and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Let marinate while preheating a grill (gas or charcoal) for cooking over medium-high heat.
- Brush a well-cleaned grate with a thin layer of oil. Place the salmon skin-side-down on the grate. Cover the grill and cook the fish undisturbed until the skin is crispy and the flesh just barely cooked through in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the grill with a spatula, cut into serving pieces, and accompany with lemon wedges.
Written by Sarah Leah Chase
Sarah Leah Chase moved to Nantucket, Massachusetts, as a year-round resident in 1980 and opened a specialty food shop and catering business called Que Sera Sarah, which soon became an island institution.
Sarah develops recipes and concepts for her husband Nigel’s specialty food company, Coastal Goods. She lives with her family on Cape Cod, where she enjoys oystering and gardening as much as cooking.